Redact Text In PDF
No downloads required
How To Redact PDF Online?
Steps to Redact PDF File Online
When there is a need to make any changes to form, the most easy way is using a digital editor. PDF is still considered to be the most popular document format for businesses, because it allows making basic changes without losing quality. For some reasons it may be necessary to redact PDF files. You may hide certain portion of information or highlight important places.
For example, you received an agreement for signing, but it contains mistakes, that are unacceptable. Another one when you want to update a PDF file without starting creating it from scratch. The solution is not hard to find. Just use Internet connection to discover a new powerful online service, that was created to be the great tool for document redacting and editing. Meet the newest possibilities to keep pace with the times.
Available Options to Change PDFs
Any user can manage their documentation much faster, because it is simple even for amateurs. Just try a wide range of features.
- Adjust content and customize files to satisfy your needs the best.
- Type and insert text anywhere you prefer.
- Easily add checkmarks and emphasize important information via textboxes inside pages.
- Make a single click to add the current date.
- Grant full or partial access to your documents, track activity and restore earlier versions.
- Use powerful tools to erase any content from a form with precision.
- Make your content structured and number the sheets.
- Undo and redo typing with no efforts.
- Add visual elements, such as pictures, images or video.
- Combine pages from multiple documents to create a new PDF.
- Easily rotate pages that ended up turned around.
How to Get Started?
The PDFfiller editor allows you to redact any document in a few clicks.
- Create a new account for free or log into an existing account by using your credentials.
- Upload the document you want to redact from your device or find it in the PDFfiller library.
- Choose the ‘Erase” button to quickly erase any content from a PDF document.
- Click the 'Blackout' button in the 'Tools' tab and drag your cursor over any text or image you’d like to redact.
- Click ‘Highlight’ to emphasize important information.
- Click the 'Text' button in the 'Edit' tab to add additional content.
- Push the 'Done' button when finished and continue with emailing, printing or saving your document.
Tips & Prompts
- Highlight specific parts of content using the special text box. Click ‘More’ and then choose ‘Text Box’ from the dropdown menu. Change the color of the box and it’s borders. Resize the box, edit its text and select vertical text alignment.
- Use the ‘Sticky Tool’ to attach a thread containing important information. Locate the message anywhere in a document and make edits using the available tools.
- To add your current photo to a document, there is no need to waste time searching for it. Just click the ‘Image’ icon and then capture a high quality image with your webcam. Users on-the-go can add a photo in seconds.
- Remember, you can always access your account with your smartphone or tablet, not just a desktop computer.
- Redact & review PDFs online
- Convert files to and from PDFs
- Fast & Secure
- No Downloads. No Installations. Try Now!
Video instructions - Redact Text In PDF
Instructions and Help about Redact Text In Pdf
Hello today we're going to be looking at reduction within PDF Docs and the different ways that you can do that so there is a protect ribbon with in PDF Docs and there are a number of different options here and we'll just have a look at the way that we can go about the different types of redaction so first off we can use the mark area tool this is great for redaction if we know the area that we want to adapt so we can just draw over it and select an area so that starts the reduction process so if I hover over it there we can see what it looks like once it'll be redacted and then when I move the cursor away I can also see what text is under there I can also resize this if I needed to using the little points there so to do what action is two-stage process so we've started it there by selecting the area the next is to apply that reduction and permanently remove the text layer to do this we get a warning just saying I'm sure because this cannot be undone so it's always worthwhile saving as a copy when you first start this just to make sure you're not over writing the original source document so there we go press yes and what happens is PDF Docs takes the text layer out applies the black redaction and then closes and reopens the document so now we can see I'll hover over this there's no tax coming up there and just confirm that let's just copy the text and see if there's anything that shows up between clusters and non-clustered I just pasted out there and we can clearly see that clustered non-clustered there is no text between there that text has been firmly redacted so that's the mark area tool now there are other ways to do reduction and we can also look for text so this is a great way to search for text if we know certain words maybe client names etc that we need to remove from a document personal data but we don't know whereabouts in the document it is you could be working with hundreds of pages you don't want to have to manually scan through them so we can do a text search for this so what we need to do is we need to be in the protect ribbon and then click on search and then we can put our text word or phrase that we would like to find in this search box here so if I type leases then what that does is that brings up a list here of all the occurrences of leases within the documents and it also highlights them on the pages here so we can see exactly where they're located what's great about the results here is that you get context for the results as well so ...
What people say about us
Submit important papers on the go with the number one online document management solution. Use our web-based app to edit your PDFs without effort. We provide our customers with an array of up-to-date tools accessible from any Internet-connected device. Upload your PDF document to the editor. Browse for a file on your device or add it from an online location. Insert text, images, fillable fields, add or remove pages, sign your PDFs electronically, all without leaving your desk.